OHSAS ISO 45001:2018 Stage Process Slide
Occupational Health and Safety Management System – 45001:2018
ISO 45001 standard is internationally accepted systematic and process driven approach for controlling risks and hazards that can take place in any organization’s work place. This system is proven to enable the business to be pro-active rather then re-active, therefore, more effectively protecting the health and welfare of workforce on an on-going activities.
45001 has ben specifically developed to be compatible with ISO 9001 and ISO 14001, to allow organizations to develop and register integrated quality, environmental and occupational health and management systems.
Occupational Health and Safety is based on:
- Hazard identification – the process of recognizing that a hazard exists (source or situation with the potential to cause harm in terms of human injury or ill-health)
- Risk assessment – the process of evaluating the risk arising from the hazard (combination of the likelihood of a hazardous event or exposure and the severity of injury or ill health that can be caused by the event of exposure)
- Determination of applicable controls – control measures relevant to eliminate or reduce risk to an acceptable level
Benefits of ISO 45001
Benefits to the Organization
- Meeting the regulatory and statutory requirements.
- Enhance reputation as a health and safety conscious organization
- Increased productivity of workforce through reduction in absenteeism and sickness.
- Increased measures of performance and reduction in incident level
- Reduction in costs, liabilities and medical expenses.
- Health and safety codes of practice is promoted throughout the supply chain
Benefits to Customers
- Customers are reassured that products/ services are delivered through fulfilling regulatory and statutory requirement.
Benefits to Employees
- Assured health safety in workplace.
- Ability to identify hazard, conduct risk assessment and reporting of accidents/ incident consequently improving morale.
- Job security