Stage Process Slide
Information Security Management Systems – ISO 27001:2018
ISO 27001 is a part of 27000 family series standard which develops a strategic approach to cover privacy, confidentiality and IT/Technical/cyber security issues.
ISO 27001 is the standard for an Information Security Management system which provides guidelines and requirements to effectively manage information security risks. ISO 27001 is a management framework for protection of business critical information.
Who and why ISO 27001 Certification?
It is applicable to any type and size of Industry. This is a robust system to manage information of an organization, enabling protection of information assets to ensure continuity of business, should damage or losses occur.
ISO 27001 is not a guarantee that information breaches will never occur, however, having a robust system in place, risks shall be reduced and disruption & costs are minimized.
The main purpose of this standard is to protect;
- Confidentiality of Information: Only authorized person can have access to certain information.
- Integrity of Information: Only authorized person can change, add or amend information in specified way.
- Availability of Information:Appropriate Information shall be available to the concerned within a specified time frame.
Benefits of ISO 27001
- Well defined process in handling and management of information.
- Helps and supports business streamline and in order by removing thorny management system issues
- Meeting compliance and standard with corporate governance requirements
- Improved relationship and confidence between customer and business partnership